- No participant may compete without wearing an approved cycling helmet. No Helmet, No ride.
- The entry fee is R172.00 (one hundred and seventy-two rand) incl. 15% VAT. Pre-entries include a Kiddies T-Shirt. ENTRY FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE. An entry is not considered valid until payment has been received. No protest will be entertained in this regard.
- Kiddie’s Ride Entries are limited to 4000 entrants.
- Online entries close on 12 October 2018 or when entry limits have been reached, whichever comes first.
- Entrants must bring their own bicycles or push bikes. No motorised bicycles will be permitted.
- All categories are non-competitive events, prizes are not awarded to place positions.
- Only one adult may accompany each entrant in the Birds (2-4 Years) category, the adult must wear the corresponding race number which will be issued at number collection as per advertised dates and times.
- Entrants will be started in batches according to the group they chose when entering.
- No seconding is allowed in the categories above the Birds group.
- Bicycles need to be in road worthy condition in order to participate in the Kiddies Ride.
- Participants must obey the instructions of the marshals.
- There will be medical care available at the venue. All medical expense reasonably incurred will be at the expense of the parent or guardian of the minor.
- Privacy: The personal information which is collected from you and processed by Primedia Proprietary Limited and/or its race organiser is done solely with your consent and in accordance with the Primedia Privacy Notice, available at www.primedia.co.za. The personal information which you provide to us in completing the online entry form will be processed purely for legitimate Primedia business. We will not share your personal information unless Primedia Proprietary Limited so requires in terms of law or in terms of a legitimate business purpose. You may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding how we process the personal information you provide.
- Subscriptions and/or Opt-in’s: Please note that in the event that you have selected to unsubscribe and/or opt-out of receiving any newsletters and/or marketing mail you will still receive communication regarding logistics relating to the event you have entered.
No entry fee shall be refunded to a participant for a cancellation of the Event due to acts of God (so called Force Majeure), which acts shall include but not be limited to adverse weather conditions, riots, strikes, political unrest and/or any other occurrence not within the control of the event organiser.
No refund shall be given in the event that a participant cancels their entry into the event. The event organiser may consider a refund under exceptional circumstances such as illness and/or any other extraordinary circumstance. In that case, the Event organiser will evaluate a request for refund on its merits and such refund shall be at the discretion of the Event Organiser.
As parent and/or guardian of a minor participating in the Telkom 947 Kiddies Ride, I hereby consent to such minor being bound by the terms and conditions contained herein and further indemnify Primedia (Pty) Ltd, any individual or official marshal, assistant, or agent, the sponsors or any local authority or their employees to the extent to which such minor is not capable of waiving his/her rights as stipulated herein. I accept that the minor takes part entirely at his/her own risk and shall have no claim whatsoever against Primedia (Pty) Ltd, any individual or official marshal, assistant or agent, the sponsors or any local authority or their employees, in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever which the minor may suffer arising from any injury to their person or loss or damage to their property as a result of, or arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, the minor’s arrival and departure there from, attendance at registration, prize-giving or other function thereof, any loss or damage to bicycles or other equipment, however such loss or damage may arise.
As parent and/or guardian of the minor taking part in the Telkom 947 Kiddies Ride, I agree that such minor shall abide by the rules of the Telkom 947 Kiddies Ride , and confirm that I have read the entry rules, and understand that the minor takes part in the Telkom 947 Kiddies Ride at his/her own risk and indemnify Primedia (Pty) Ltd, any individual, marshal, assistant, or agent, the sponsors or any local authority and/or their employees against any claim which may result from the minor’s participation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that the minor is medically fit to cycle. In entering the Telkom 947 Kiddies Ride, I understand that Primedia will take photographs of the event including participants to the Event and I consent to such photographs being taken at the event and understand that such photographs shall be the property of Primedia and may be used for promotional and publicity purposes at the sole discretion of Primedia.